Just on break, and worked out accurate settings to solve excess plastic going into the extruder, New settings for ex stepper was 700, New are 630 steps per mm
Trying this version of the prusa, my new red model, featuring prusa 2 parts, I am printing running slic3r 0.9.2 and am having funny print results, the parts are somewhat blobby
Not sure what is causing this, could it be I have moisture in my pla? I hope not! I don’t keep it in a box with decad stuff, but I thought it’s ok on my makerbot… Anyway, I’m having a few issues so I need to work on the settings still
However on positive note, I tried the new dual print separate print commends on slic3r, looks good!
A note, before I printed these u tried a motor housing, excess plastic in corners and odd stepping in the plastic straight lines… Hmmmmmm
Not sure about that either, any ideas?
Turns out my prusa heat bed mounted directly to the MDF board on my Y axis is heating the pla belt
mounts causing them to melt slightly ans loose grip of the belt. Major issues. Should I mount the bed on standoffs?
Quick solution… Make some from aluminum
Welcome to my new site, hosted by an awesome chap 🙂
It will take a few days to get used to how this site works and for me to populate it, so… well no one will read this so, we shall take a look at all its functions 🙂
Well, i have finally got my stepper extruder working! With some help from IRC and friends, i have finally made the pololu PCB – a one sided design which has a single wire on the top board.
connecting it to gen 3 makerbot mobo it works straight off the hat with x y and z axis, so for this i am really please, however for the extruder it took a bit of bodging with firmware and machines to get it to work. Turned out that the thing was a problem with repg 25, but i seem to have it working now after adjusting the various settings and maybe a loose connection or 2.
so anyways, the PCB is: